Saturday, June 25, 2011

Washington D.C.-Part 2



 The Smithsonian Air & Space Museum was a hit.  We got to see lots of old planes & space ships.   The plane in the picture behind us is "The Spirit of St. Louis".  The kids got to do lots of interactive things and had so much fun.
&In the Air & Space Museum we went to an Imax Movie on the Hubble in 3D. It was so cool.  Our kids had never been to a 3D movie before and it was so fun to watch them interact with the movie, although it freaked Emily out at times so we had to take her glasses off of her.







One of the neat things about my brother's retirement ceremony was that he was able to have one of the rare types of ceremonies where the "Old Guard" are present.  This means that soldiers wear the Colonial Uniforms and the Colonial band is present.  It was so special.  I love history and to see men dressed as they were  when our nation became a nation was just very impressive.  I can't explain it but the ceremony had such a sentimental, patriotic feel to it.  I wish I could describe it better.  It was one of those moments when I knew I was witnessing something special that I believe every American should see.  It just made my heart full of thankfulness for our great nation!


And then we moved on to DC CUPCAKES...another thing every American should see!  These cupcakes were AMAZING.  Being in Georgetown had such an international flair....seeing people from all nations.  It was just a cool place to visit.  And those ladies know how to make cupcakes.  They were soo yummy!  We ate all 6 of them in like 5 minutes!

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! SO FUN you got to do all these great things with the family! So happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete