Thursday, September 3, 2009

Pursuit of Contentment

I was reading in Ecclesiastes yesterday. I know...not a book in the Bible for a normal devotional read. But God had a plan. I think as I look around at the things I have or do not have my heart can grow restless. I think if I had a greener, more manicured yard or a bigger, better decorated & cleaner house or you name it, then I'd be happy and have true peace in life. Then I read Ecclesiastes and truly realize NOTHING is new under the sun. Solomon, the wisest and richest king in the Bible learned this thru failing too. He had the best of everything and landed on GOD being the place of true satisfaction and contentment. He learned that trends come and go, desires change and needs stay unmet. But JESUS never changes. He ALWAYS provides and COMPLETELY satisfies.
Thank you LORD for speaking to me thru what I thought was a "random" devotional read. Thank you LORD for knowing what I need and drawing me into you and for COMPELETLY satisfying me. Normal life is meaningless, but you give real, satisfying and abundant life!

2 comments: