Shawn has been playing soccer for 3 seasons now in an adult league here in town. The past 2 years of him playing have made me respect my husband & made me realize how much he loves the sport. Why you might ask? Because he's played for 3 seasons & they have yet to win a game (that would've made me hang my soccer hat up). But he & his team have persevered. AND THEY WON last Saturday! I was so excited for him & the fellas that play for WACO FIRE! What made this game even sweeter for me was watching him make a header into the goal & score one of the team's 4 points! We were sitting right next to the goal & it was soo cool to watch. It seemed like it was in slow motion as the ball went up into the air, landed on his head & then was directed into the goal! SO COOL. I was so proud! AND his parents got to be there to see him!
I always wanted to be a soccer mom....glad I get to be a soccer wife too!
Awww! That's SO FUN! I didn't remember that he had been playing soccer. That's great!!! Go, Shawn T.!!!
ReplyDelete