Ten years ago, we started summer camp for our church kids with Christ Fellowship & Hope in the City. It is one of our favorite things we had the privilege of doing while we worked in Waco. Though we weren't in charge of camp this year, we were super blessed this year to have the honor of Shawn being this year's camp speaker! What a treat. I told some people that if camp were happening in Waco, and our whole family couldn't be there I might have went into an unhealthy grieving place! But God knows what our hearts need...even when we don't! Being at camp was good for Shawn...he got to use his creative communication gift (he's been missing that since we switched jobs). I got to say some GOOD good-byes & our kids spent 2 1/2 days with their friends learning how to SHINE like Jesus!
Annie was in a cabin with her best friends....4th grade girl Heaven!
Josh's best friend...Noah came from Houston to go to camp. I cried MULTIPLE times as I watched them together. They had a BLAST & were inseperable!
THANK YOU ACC, HITC & CF for letting us have one last Hurrah at camp! It means more than any of you could ever know!
No comments:
Post a Comment