This morning as I was spending time with Jesus and telling him that thru the pain He's worth it, He brought to mind a song that my heart needed to hear, Never Once by Matt Redman. This song pushed me into remembering. The command God gave to the Israelites to REMEMBER is the command I received today. I'm leaving the only land I've really ever known headed to the place of promise. And to survive and thrive I have to remember.
So this morning I listened to the words of this song an I cried as I remembered the faithfulness of God.
Never once did we ever walk alone
Never once did You leave us on our own
You are faithful, God, You are faithful
He has led us every step of our lives. He never left me when I thought I'd be single forever. He never left me when I was in the depths of post-partum depression. He never left me as I was trying to figure out how to be a wife, parent, pastor. He never left me when my Daddy died. Because He was with us is the only reason we could disciple people well. Because He was with us we could help create a place for children and families to grow in their relationship with Him. The only good we have EVER done is because HE IS WITH US!
And now as we head to the other side off the world...literally. I can go with confidence. Not confidence in my calling, not confidence in my husband's great giftings or vision. But because NEVER ONCE have we walked alone.
And we won't start now
Follow the link to listen to the song by Matt Redman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=722zPX1npcA
Great song Connie! So good to hear your heart and your resolve. Much grace you friend. We will be praying for each of you in this journey! Keep us posted as you can.
ReplyDelete