Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Meme Dunn

This past Saturday, Shawn's grandmother, affectionately called "Meme", passed away.  She was 90 years old and lived a rich, full life.  Shawn's family was so blessed to have such a caring woman. She was EVERYTHING a grandmother should be.  She played with her grandchildren, was a legendary cook, a good listener, a generous gift-giver.  All of her children & grandchildren ONLY have fond memories of Meme.  Even the harder moments are recounted with affection because of the unyielding love Meme showed her children and grandchildren. 
As an in-law, she received me with love and I always felt welcome and included in her family.  When I hear Shawn tell stories about his Meme, she is an example I want to follow someday when I become a grandmother. 
We are all blessed by the life of Mrs. Juanita Dunn!  We love you Meme!  Can't wait to see you in Heaven!

1 comment:

  1. Connie, So fun! Just found your blog off of the foresters. So glad to get to keep up with your life happenings:-) Miss ya! Kourt

    ReplyDelete