Annie has completed a monumentous task in the world of first graders...she has read her very first chapter book. Cam Jansen has become one of our favorite people. She got her 1st chapter book at the library last week and worked so hard to finish it. One evening we were sitting on the couch and she looked at me and said, "Mom, I never thought I would read a chapter book!". I am so very proud of her.
Actually it has turned out that reading and homework has been the key to her heart. Every mom wants the heart of thier daughters. I feel like most of Annie's 5 year old year I didn't really have it. But somehow doing homework together & reading has opened her up to me and I feel I have her heart. I am so thankful. Sitting at the kitchen table every afternoon reading & studying spelling words & math facts has brought us together. She shares about her day & asks questions.
I'll do homework with her forever and buy a million chapter books if it means I have my daugther's heart.
Thank you Cam Jansen!
Thank you Cam Jansen!
No comments:
Post a Comment