Sunday, January 10, 2010

Super Husband


Shawn is an amazing husband. Let me tell you one reason why I am blessed to have the best husband in the world......
I was sick this weekend. Started on Friday night and by Saturday I had a full blown stomach bug. My super husband let me sleep all day on HIS day off (literally...I was up for only 3-4 hours total all day) . But what makes him the best is I was scheduled to help host a bridal shower on Saturday night. My job was to make 2 dishes for this event. So my sweet husband cooked both of my dishes for me & took them to the shower (no he didn't stay--he let me sleep some more).
What's more is both girls were up in the night last night. It's important for Shawn to get good rest on Saturday night b/c he has to be up so early for church (he often arrives at church at 4:30 am which means he gets up between 3:30 & 4). Well, b/c I was sick he got up with the girls which meant limiting his sleep. He has even called to check on me this morning.
I am so thankful I have a husband who continually puts me first. He is so committed to helping me and loving me so well. I am so blessed and thankful. On days that I'm frustrated with him, would someone call & force me to remember these days and give me a healthy dose of perspective.

1 comment: