Monday, August 2, 2010

ICON 2010

From July 10-24 our family was in Keystone, Colorado for our church's iCON (international conference)which is when we gather all of the missionaries who serve all over the world for a time of refreshment & equipping. Shawn & I were in charge of the conference for the grade school aged missionary kids. It was a great time. Really hard work, but a good time. We experienced the presence of God so deeply....watching these kids respond to God was amazing.



I worked with the 3rd grade girls....which was great fun. They were bundles of energy, and I realized I am NOT as young as I used to be. Being a camp counselor & a mom with young children maxed me out. But God was faithful to give me what I needed each day. I'm glad we were there and also really glad to be home!
Creative Teaching is one of Shawn's specialties! The kids LOVED the daily skits.
We are glad we've done iCON since 2002---5 iCONs later we're still loving it and thankful for the opportunity to serve these sweet kids!

1 comment:

  1. Awesome! God's certainly given you the grace to make it through what seems so hard to me - with young kids of your own! I'm so proud of you and Shawn for being so faithful to God's calling on your lives! And I miss Shawn's funniness!!! :)

    ReplyDelete