Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter Celebration

This year we had a great Easter weekend! On Good Friday we had several friends over for lunch and an Easter Egg hunt. All of the kids (all 14 of them---6 years & under) had a blast. They played so well together. And it was refreshing for us because we got to spend the afternoon with friends who refresh us too.








On Sundaywe had lunch with the Carpenters. We've been eating Easter lunch together since Annie & Emma were babies. We are always together & then we invite those who don't have family in town. This year it was our 2 families plus Clark & Melissa, Jessica, Vincent's intern & Vincent's sister. It was so fun. This year it was different because we're reaching a turning point as a family....no one was melting down because they needed a nap. With Emily at 2 1/2 we have more flexibility as a family.


Also this year I officially felt like a mom. You know the bonafide mom who does the "heavy cooking" for a holiday meal. Why? Because I cooked a ham! And it was good. It made me feel like I'm a for real cook. I know it's silly, but I felt like I was reaching a turning point in life. At most holiday meals I'm the one who brings the bread or the potato salad or whatever that's "simple". It made me, a 34 year old woman, feel grown up. It's about time! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! I'm wondering when I'll 'have' to bite the bullet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go! I've certainly never made a ham, but I'm not surprised at all that you were able to! You've been a "grown up" in the cooking arena to me for a long time! :)

    ReplyDelete